Visa & insurance guidance...

So, you have confirmed your battered, old passport is in a usable condition. That is good. What is next on your ‘To do’ list? Certainly finalising a visa to enter the country where you will complete your TESOL/TEFL programme and organising insurance warrant your early attention.

Visa Assistance: Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi (Vietnam)

If you decide to complete the TESOL/TEFL programme in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City obtaining the right visa to enter Vietnam in the first instance and remain there to pursue your dream to teach English is paramount. An alliance between AVSE-TESOL (Vietnam) and – the Vietnam visa on arrival experts – has cut through the red tape, simplifying the entire process. The partnership between AVSE-TESOL and means you can now apply for a visa to enter Vietnam from the comfort of your living room, by simply clicking the link below.

Visa Assistance: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)

The T Class visa to enter Cambodia and remain for a period of 30 days can be finalised in advance with a simple online application, or on arrival. With the on arrival option, it’s best to confirm your country is on the list of eligibility. The T Class visa only provides for a single entry, but it can be renewed once for a further stay of 30 days. If this type of visa for Cambodia will meet your needs, you can apply here.

If Cambodia is your preferred teaching location and you plan to remain there beyond the 4-week TESOL/TEFL programme at AVSE, almost certainly you’ll be better placed with what’s called an ‘Ordinary Visa’ (E class). Why? It’s much easier to extend and convert (if necessary) an Ordinary Visa (E class) compared to a T class visa. The downside with an Ordinary visa is it cannot be obtained online, in advance. It’s only available on arrival in Cambodia.


AVSE-TESOL and have joined together to offer travel insurance packages to meet the needs of adventurous people – young & more mature alike – who are pursuing their dream of teaching English in Vietnam, Cambodia and in other parts of the world.


Key points – insurance with World Nomads

  • Backed by specialist insurers and global assistance partners
  • Buy online, even if you’ve already left home
  • Extend and claim online while travelling
  • Covers a range of adventure sports and activities

The partnership between AVSE-TESOL and means our TESOL/TEFL trainees can obtain the travel insurance they need with a minimum of fuss by applying online. You can buy, extend and claim online, even after you’ve left home. Travel insurance from is available to people from over 140 countries. It’s designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.

Exotic Vietnam