AVSE-TESOL operates in Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam and also in Phnom Penh in Cambodia. Our Head Office is located at 1300 Quang Trung Street, Go Vap District, (Ward 14), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We specialise in delivering short-term, vocational training programmes.
Peter Raymond Goudge (Australian) and Tran Thuy My Linh (Vietnamese) are the joint owners of AVSE-TESOL in Vietnam. Peter owns AVSE-TESOL (Cambodia), which is a ‘stand-alone’ entity. Peter holds tertiary qualifications in social science, disability services, vocational training, assessment and education. Linh holds tertiary qualifications in economics.
Our key partners are:
- the Australian International College of Language (AICOL) based in Southport, Australia; and
- the Centre of Regular Educational Development: Vietnam – Psycho-Pedagogical Association (VPPA), based in Hanoi, Vietnam
To provide some perspective, AICOL is a wholly owned Australian company located at 66 Marine Parade, Southport, Queensland. AICOL is a Registered Training Organisation in Australia and a CRICOS registered (01272A) institute. AICOL has permission from the relevant Australian Government authority to offer the Certificate IV in TESOL training package offshore – specifically, in Vietnam and Cambodia.
VPPA is an authority of the Vietnamese Government. VPPA has permission by way of decrees and other decisions of the Vietnamese Government to facilitate the delivery of short-term training programmes in Vietnam that originate from outside of Vietnam.
AVSE-TESOL, AICOL and VPPA are aware of the provisions of Vietnamese law related to the delivery of short-term training programmes in Vietnam, which originate outside Vietnam. In order to fully comply with Vietnamese law, AVSE-TESOL, AICOL and VPPA have entered a tripartite Business Cooperation Contract to deliver short-term training programmes including the Australian Government accredited Certificate IV in TESOL training programme at various locations in Vietnam.
AVSE-TESOL (Cambodia) and AICOL are aware of the provisions of Cambodian law related to the delivery of short-term training programmes in Cambodia, which originate outside the country. In order to fully comply with Cambodian law, AVSE-TESOL (Cambodia) – a 100% foreign-owned company – and AICOL have entered a contractual arrangement to deliver the Australian Government accredited Certificate IV in TESOL training programme in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- I have read and fully comprehend the entry requirements associated with the TESOL/TEFL course and I agree to provide relevant documents to support my application in the event I am asked to do so.
- I have fully disclosed any past, pending or potential criminal proceedings.
- I have disclosed all health issues that will require treatment while I am completing a TESOL/TEFL course.
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL ensures a student with a disability can access and participate in the TESOL/TEFL course on the same basis as a student without a disability. Moreover, I can confirm I have been made aware that a student with a disability has the opportunity to discuss their personal circumstances with the Disability Services Officer at AVSE-TESOL, prior to enrolling in a TESOL/TEFL course and at any time during the course.
- I am aware that knowingly submitting false information may be judged as grounds for one or more of: 1. immediate withdrawal of any offer of a place I have received from AVSE-TESOL; 2. ineligibility for a future course; and 3. dismissal from a course that I have commenced.
- I can confirm the personal information I have provided on the course application form is true and accurate and does not misrepresent me in any way.
- If I am required to terminate my enrolment in a TESOL/TEFL course due to an undeclared criminal or medical issue, or due to falsifying qualifications, I accept that I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause.
- I have noted Australian citizens completing the TESOL/TEFL course at AVSE-TESOL are required by the Australian Government to provide the Registered Training Organisation (or their nominee) with a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before a TESOL certificate can be issued.
Emergency contact information:
- I acknowledge I am responsible for providing AVSE-TESOL with the name and contact details of a person who is authorised to act on my behalf in the event of an emergency or situation where I am unable to make my own decisions.
- If it is necessary for AVSE-TESOL to contact the person I have identified as being my ‘emergency contact person’, I authorise AVSE-TESOL to freely discuss my personal circumstances.
- I understand if my TESOL/TEFL application is approved, I will receive an email offering me a place in a TESOL/TEFL course starting on a specific date at a specific location.
- I understand I will be bound by the conditions in this Service Agreement.
- I understand that being offered a place in a course, does not guarantee a place.
- My place on a particular TESOL/TEFL course will be confirmed once I have paid AVSE-TESOL a non-refundable deposit of US $750.00. AVSE-TESOL will provide confirmation by email.
- I understand that my initial deposit is non-refundable, but I can transfer it to a future course or to another person within 12 months of the date I made the payment (with written consent from the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL).
- I understand the deposit needs to be paid within 7 days of an offer being made, unless an alternative time-frame is clearly specified.
- I understand if a deposit is not paid within the permissible time-frame, the offer that was made lapses and I will need to submit a new enrolment application.
- I understand the balance of TESOL/TEFL course fee (total fee, less deposit of US $750.00) must be paid no later than 10 days before the scheduled start date of my TESOL course.
- I am aware that a receipt suggesting a payment has been made does not constitute a payment. The payment process is only finalised when an agreed sum is immediately accessible by AVSE-TESOL.
- If I fail to pay the TESOL/TEFL course fee – in full – no later than 10 days before the scheduled start date of my TESOL course, I understand the offer of a place will be immediately withdrawn. Moreover, I am aware my initial deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to a future course or to another person (with written consent from the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL), within 12 months of the date the deposit was lodged.
- I am aware that I will not be permitted to start a particular TESOL/TEFL course until AVSE has received my payment in full.
- I am aware that AVSE-TESOL offers a range of optional extras I can either purchase at the advertised price or disregard.
- I understand optional extras offered by AVSE-TESOL are priced according to: the average cost at 3 business locations; the average cost over a 12 month period (high / low seasons); taxation obligations; and a range of other factors.
- If it happens I choose to purchase an optional extra, I will do so knowing the advertised price may be higher (or lower) than what I can find in the marketplace.
- If I purchase an optional extra, but choose not to use it, I understand I am not eligible for a refund.
- I am aware the design of the TESOL certificate (and wording) is consistent with Australian standards and is within the domain of the Australian International College of Language.
- I am aware it’s vitally important for the name on my TESOL certificate to be an exact match to the name in my passport. I will be mindful of this when asked to complete a related form towards the end of the study programme.
- I understand it takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks after I submit all assessment tasks and related documentation for my TESOL certificate to arrive at the training location where I completed the TESOL/TEFL course. I have noted the certificate can be collected from the training location without incurring a postage fee.
- I understand I can have my TESOL certificate posted to an address in Australia without incurring a postage fee by submitting a request in writing to the Course Coordinator no later than the last day of my study programme.
- I am aware I will incur a postal fee (set by the postal service, with no service charge from AVSE-TESOL) if it happens I don’t have a postal address in Australia and I am unable, for whatever reason, to collect my TESOL certificate from the location where I completed the course.
- If it happens I’d like a third-party to collect my TESOL certificate for me, I will submit a request in writing to the Course Coordinator providing adequate notice.
- I agree to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled ‘theory’ classes associated with the course. I understand if I fail to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled ‘theory’ classes, AVSE-TESOL reserves the right, as a minimum, to withdraw employment assistance.
- I understand the importance of being present at the designated start time of all TESOL course related commitments.
- I acknowledge that habitual lateness or being absent without good cause are grounds for AVSE-TESOL to: 1.withdraw employment assistance; or 2.dismiss me from the course. If I am dismissed from the course due to either (or both) of these events, I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
- If I am absent, and depending on the cause of absence, it may be possible to make up the work I have missed at the discretion of the coordinator of the TESOL/TEFL course. I am aware this may involve a ‘per hour’ fee.
- I understand I must successfully complete all course components and assessment tasks to be eligible to pass the course. In the event I do not pass the TESOL/TEFL course, I understand it may be possible to repeat components of the course, but there will be an additional fee of US $90.00. This fee is payable once only.
- During the course I will behave in a courteous and professional manner to all people directly or indirectly associated with the course. Unprofessional, disruptive or offensive behaviour are grounds for immediate dismissal and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
- I understand that bringing alcohol or an illicit substance on to school property constitutes grounds for immediate dismissal from the TESOL/TEFL course and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement. Moreover, I accept that AVSE-TESOL has an obligation to notify Vietnamese (or Cambodian) authorities in these circumstances.
- I have noted that I must wear professional and culturally appropriate attire when observing or teaching English language classes that are part of the TESOL/TEFL course. I am aware that if I turn-up to observe or teach a class wearing attire that is considered unprofessional or culturally inappropriate, I may be refused entry to the classroom.
- In the event I am unhappy about any aspect of service delivery at AVSE-TESOL, I will follow due process and at all times ensure my communication (written & verbal) is consistent with what is expected in a professional (vocational training / school) work environment.
- If at any time I am abusive towards any person directly or indirectly connected with the TESOL/TEFL course at AVSE – before, during or after the course – I understand my actions may constitute grounds for referral to the Australian International College of Language in Australia – for a final decision on any action that should be taken.
- In the event I have a complaint of any kind, I understand I should initially raise my concern with the Manager of the location where my TESOL/TEFL course is being held.
- If I remain dissatisfied, I have the right to raise my concern with the Managing Directorof AVSE-TESOL.
- If I remain dissatisfied, the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL has an obligation to put me in contact with the Principal of the Australian International College of Language in Queensland, Australia.
- Should I wish to take a complaint beyond AVSE-TESOL and AICOL the following organisations can provide assistance:
|Vietnamese Standards & Consumers Association|
214/22 Ton That Tung Street
|Ministry of Commerce (Consumer Protection Department)|
55, Street 144, Daun Penh District
Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- I understand it is my right to ask for copies of all documents and other recorded information held by AVSE-TESOL pertaining to me personally. I am not permitted to receive documents and recorded information related to other parties.
- I acknowledge that AVSE-TESOL is not responsible for my personal safety, any information provided to me regarding my personal safety, my health, welfare or any injury I may suffer at any time prior to, during, or after the TESOL/TEFL course.
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to my personal property. If any of these events were to occur, it would be my responsibility to report the matter to local police.
- I acknowledge I have been advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance that includes, but isn’t limited to, adequate medical coverage. The travel insurance should cover the period travelling to my TESOL/TEFL destination, the period of the TESOL/TEFL course and the remaining time I plan to be away from my home country.
- I understand I am entirely responsible for my personal travel arrangements.
- Should I choose to use a travel service recommended to me by AVSE-TESOL, I will not hold AVSE-TESOL responsible for any misfortune that occurs as a consequence of using the service.
- I am aware that obtaining appropriate visa coverage for the period of the TESOL/TEFL course and thereafter is my responsibility.
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL cannot be held liable for my inability to secure a visa.
- I am aware that AVSE-TESOL is unable to sponsor a visa if it happens I hold a passport where sponsorship is required to enter the country where the TESOL/TEFL course will take place.
- If it happens I fail to attend the TESOL/TEFL course because of my inability to secure a visa to enter the country where the course will be held, any money I have paid to AVSE-TESOL may be subject to the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
Job placement assistance:
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL provides job guidance and hands-on assistance to all successful graduates of the TESOL/TEFL course.
- AVSE-TESOL will provide me with CV advice, employment advice and facilitate interviews (maximum of 5) with institutions actively seeking to employ English language teachers.
- I understand AVSE-TESOL is unable to provide me with employment assistance until I have submitted all assessment tasks associated with the TESOL/TEFL course.
- When attending job interviews, I agree to present myself in a professional and courteous manner.
- I understand AVSE-TESOL reserves the right to refuse job placement assistance for students whose performance in the TESOL/TEFL course or behavior post-course is considered unprofessional.
- I understand that if I am offered a teaching position by a reputable school regardless of location, AVSE-TESOL has fulfilled its commitment to provide employment assistance provided the job that was offered satisfies the following indicators: 1. pays market rates; 2. provides for a realistic workload for a professional teacher; and 3. offers a safe teaching and learning environment.
- Any employment assistance provided by AVSE-TESOL does not prevent me from searching for employment by myself
- I fully understand that if I am under 21 years of age, do not have a university degree or where English is my second language, my preferred conditions related to a teaching job in Vietnam (or Cambodia) – salary, hours, work location and alike, may be problematic. If I fall into one of the categories outlined in this dot point, the onus is on me to seek advice from AVSE-TESOL about the likelihood of achieving my desired outcomes taking into account market conditions.
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL cannot guarantee me a teaching position at a particular school or in a particular geographical location. Expectations like those mentioned in this dot point may be grounds for the cessation of employment assistance.
- I accept if I choose not attend an interview with a reputable school, or fail to attend without providing reasonable notice beforehand, regardless of location, AVSE-TESOL will have fulfilled its commitment to provide employment assistance.
- If it happens I wish to exclude employment assistance from the TESOL package, I understand my final payment may be reduced by up to US $150.00 provided AVSE-TESOL is informed at least 10 days before the scheduled start date of the TESOL course.
Cancellation, transfer, refund:
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL will accept an initial deposit for the TESOL/TEFL course of no more than US $750.00. This initial deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to a future course or to another person (with written consent from the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL), within 12 months of the date the deposit was lodged.
- In the event I wish to transfer my enrolment to a future course, I understand this will incur an administration fee of US $20.00 in the first instance and US $50.00 thereafter, which will be added to the balance of my course fee.
- From the time I first attend a TESOL course related commitment (including a pre-course function) I understand that no refund is payable, unless extenuating circumstances dictate that a part or full refund is the appropriate action.
- If I cancel and reschedule to a later course and the fee is increased in the intervening period, I understand the higher fee will be applicable.
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL has the right to make commercial decisions from time-to-time regarding advertised fees, but at no time will any student pay more than the advertised course fee.
- I understand that AVSE-TESOL has the right to pay Agents (and individuals) a recruitment fee for referring students to the TESOL/TEFL programme.
- Recruitment fees (15%) will only be paid to individuals when their name appears in the relevant section of the Application form for a particular course.
- I understand information contained in literature and advertising material provided by AVSE-TESOL is believed to be accurate, but errors, changes or omissions can occur.
- I agree all written communication will be conducted by email. It is my responsibility to ensure AVSE-TESOL has my current email address.
- I understand I will be asked to complete a short Learner questionnaire at the end of my TESOL/ TEFL course (designed by the Australian Government). It is my right to include or exclude my name on the questionnaire form. Moreover, it is my right not to complete the questionnaire.
- AVSE-TESOL arranges accommodation for TESOL students in good faith. If I am not satisfied with the accommodation arranged by AVSE-TESOL, I understand that I am not entitled to a refund and I agree to meet all costs associated with obtaining alternative accommodation.
- I accept that AVSE-TESOL has the option of placing me in a hotel, a guest house or in a residential dwelling owned (or managed) by the school.
- I understand it is my responsibility to inform AVSE-TESOL at least 10 days before the start date of the TESOL/TEFL course if I have a preference for a particular type of accommodation or if I don’t require accommodation.
- If it happens I wish to exclude accommodation from the TESOL package, I understand my final payment may be reduced by up to US $150.00 provided AVSE-TESOL is informed at least 10 days before the scheduled start date of the TESOL course.
- If it happens I choose to share accommodation provided by AVSE-TESOL (2 or more people in a room), I understand my final payment may be reduced by up to US $75.00 provided AVSE-TESOL is informed at least 10 days before the scheduled start date of the TESOL course.
Acceptance of conditions:
- I agree by submitting an enrolment application or by paying a deposit for the TESOL/TESOL course to a partner organisation (whichever comes first) I am acknowledging I have read, understood and agree to be bound by the contents of this Service Agreement.
- If you wish to clarify any point contained in this Service Agreement, please email the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL, Peter Goudge: email@example.com