Enroling in a TESOL/TEFL course with AVSE in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City or Phnom Penh is really easy. Applications are accepted 12 months of the year and it only takes about 10 minutes to complete the plain-English, online enrolment form.
You can access an enrolment form here. After filling out the form, follow the instructions to send it by email directly to the Course Coordinator. We aim to establish contact with all applicants within 3 business days of receiving an enrolment form and either:
- Offer the applicant a place in their chosen course;
- Invite the person to participate in a SKYPE interview; or
- Respectfully decline the application.
If you are accepted to a TESOL/TEFL course with AVSE, you must pay a deposit of US$750.00 within 7 days to formally reserve your place. The Course Coordinator will email you immediately after your deposit is received, confirming your place is secure.
Core entry requirements
AVSE-TESOL and our partners in Australia, Vietnam and Cambodia are all ‘equal opportunity’ educational institutions where diversity is celebrated. While previous teaching experience and university qualifications are valued, neither is a core requirement to enrol in our TESOL/TEFL programme. Being a native English speaker is also not a core entry requirement. Interestingly, over the past decade, more than 30% of our TESOL/TEFL graduates were non-native English speakers. The core entry requirements are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years of age on the day the course starts;
- You must be proficient in all aspects of English;
- You must have completed secondary education to pre-university level;
- You must be able to produce a police / criminal record check from your home country that shows you haven’t been convicted of an offence; and
- You must have a clear understanding of what constitutes professional conduct, punctuality, cultural sensitivity, the ability to get along with others and suchlike.
If it happens that you don’t meet one or more of the core entry requirements you should contact the Course Coordinator to discuss your personal situation.
By submitting an application to join our TESOL/TEFL programme in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City or Phnom Penh (directly or via an Agent), you acknowledge acceptance of the AVSE-TESOL Service Agreement. It is really important that you read the Service Agreement before submitting your application. In the Service Agreement, we have made a concerted and genuine effort to define the services we provide for our TESOL/TEFL customers to avoid misunderstandings. Among other things, the Service Agreement offers guidance on: how to lodge a complaint if you are unhappy with an aspect of our work; privacy matters; customer responsibilities; and a range of other pertinent issues. You can view the Service Agreement here.