TESOL TEFL – Service Agreement
AVSE-TESOL is located at 1300 Quang Trung Street, Go Vap District, (Ward 14), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. AVSE-TESOL is a wholly owned Vietnamese company that specialises in delivering short-term training programs in collaboration with the:
1. Australian International College of Language (AICOL) based in Southport, Australia; and the
2. Centre of Regular Educational Development: Vietnam – Psycho-Pedagogical Association (VPPA), based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
To provide some perspective, AICOL is a wholly owned Australian company located at 66 Marine Parade, Southport, Queensland. AICOL is a Registered Training Organisation in Australia and a CRICOS registered (01272A) institute. AICOL has permission from the relevant Australian Government authority to offer the Certificate IV in TESOL training package offshore – specifically, in Vietnam.
VPPA is an authority of the Vietnamese Government. VPPA has permission by way of decrees and other decisions of the Vietnamese Government to facilitate the delivery of short-term training programs in Vietnam that originate from outside of Vietnam.
AVSE-TESOL, AICOL and VPPA are aware of the provisions of Vietnamese law related to the delivery of short-term training programs in Vietnam, which originate outside Vietnam. In order to fully comply with Vietnamese law, AVSE-TESOL, AICOL and VPPA have entered a tripartite Business Cooperation Contract to deliver short-term training programs including the Australian Government accredited Certificate IV in TESOL training program at various locations in Vietnam.
Key points of this tripartite agreement include:
1. AICOL is legally permitted to offer an Australia Government accredited Certificate IV in TESOL training program in Vietnam in collaboration with VPPA;
2. AICOL has indicted that AVSE-TESOL is the entity in Vietnam that has permission to formally deliver the said training program; and
3. VPPA has given permission to AVSE-TESOL to deliver the said program at various locations in Vietnam.
This service agreement is subject to the laws of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
• I have read and fully comprehend the entry requirements associated with the TESOL TEFL course and I agree to provide relevant documents in support of my application in the event that I am asked to do so.
• I have fully disclosed any past, pending or potential criminal proceedings.
• I have disclosed all health issues that will require treatment while I am completing the TESOL TEFL training course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL ensures that a student with a disability can access and participate in the TESOL TEFL training course in Ho Chi Minh City on the same basis as a student without a disability. Moreover, I can confirm that I have been made aware that a student with a disability has the opportunity to discuss their personal circumstances with the Disability Services Officer at AVSE-TESOL, prior to enrolling in the TESOL TEFL course and at any time during the course.
• I am aware that knowingly submitting false information may be judged as grounds for one or more of: 1. immediate withdrawal of any offer of a place I have received from AVSE-TESOL; 2. ineligibility for a future course; and 3.dismissal from a course that I have commenced.
• I can confirm the personal information I have provided on the course application form is true and accurate and does not misrepresent me in any way.
• Once I have started the course in Ho Chi Minh City, if I am forced to terminate the course for reasons relating to an undeclared criminal or medical issue, or falsifying qualifications, I accept that I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause.
• I have noted that Australian citizens completing the TESOL course at AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City are required by the Australian Government to provide the Registered Training Organisation (or their nominee) with a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before a TESOL certificate can be issued.
Emergency contact information:
• On the first day of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, I will give AVSE-TESOL the name and contact details of a person who is authorised to advise AVSE-TESOL what to do for me in the event of an emergency or situation where I cannot act on my own behalf.
• If it is necessary for AVSE-TESOL to contact the person I have identified as being my ‘emergency contact person’, I authorise AVSE-TESOL to freely discuss my personal circumstances.
• I understand that if the contact details I give are false or inaccurate, AVSE-TESOL will be limited in its ability to assist me should an emergency situation arise.
• I understand that if my TESOL TEFL application is approved, I will receive an email offering me a place on a TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, starting on a specific date at a specific location.
• I understand that being offered a place on a course, does not guarantee a place.
• My place on a particular TESOL TEFL course will be confirmed once I have paid AVSE-TESOL a non-refundable deposit of US $750.00. AVSE-TESOL will provide confirmation by email.
• I understand that my initial deposit is non-refundable, but I can transfer it to a future course or to another person within 12 months of the date I made the payment (with written consent from the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL).
• I understand that the deposit needs to be paid within 7 days of an offer being made, unless an alternative time-frame is clearly specified.
• I understand if a deposit is not paid within the permissible time-frame, the offer that was made lapses and I will need to submit a new enrolment application.
• I understand that the balance of TESOL TEFL course fee (total fee, less deposit of US $750.00) must be paid no later than 10 days before the scheduled start date of my TESOL course.
• If I fail to pay the TESOL TEFL course fee – in full – no later than 10 days before the scheduled start date of my TESOL course, I understand the offer of a place will be immediately withdrawn. Moreover, I am aware my initial deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to a future course or to another person (with written consent from the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL), within 12 months of the date the deposit was lodged.
• I agree to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled ‘theory’ classes associated with the course. I understand that if I fail to attend a minimum of 90% of scheduled ‘theory’ classes, AVSE-TESOL reserves the right to withdraw employment assistance.
• I understand the importance of being present at the designated course start time of a TESOL TEFL course related commitment.
• I acknowledge that habitual lateness or being absent without good cause are grounds for AVSE-TESOL to: 1.withdraw employment assistance; or 2.dismiss me from the course. If I am dismissed from the course due to either (or both) of these events, I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
• If I am absent, and depending on the cause of absence, it may be possible to make up the work I have missed at the discretion of the coordinator of the TESOL TEFL course.
• I understand that I must successfully complete all course components and assessment tasks to be eligible to pass the course. In the event I do not pass the TESOL TEFL course, I understand it may be possible to repeat components of the course, but there will be an additional fee of US $90.00. This fee is payable once only.
• During the course I will behave in a courteous and professional manner to all people directly or indirectly associated with the course. Unprofessional, disruptive or offensive behaviour are grounds for immediate dismissal and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
• I understand that bringing alcohol or an illicit substance on to school property constitutes grounds for immediate dismissal from the TESOL TEFL course and should this happen I will be disqualified from using any part of the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement. Moreover, I accept that AVSE-TESOL has an obligation to notify Vietnamese authorities in these circumstances.
• I have noted that I must wear professional and culturally appropriate attire when observing or teaching English language classes that are part of the TESOL TEFL course. I am aware that if I turn-up to observe or teach a class wearing attire that is considered unprofessional or culturally inappropriate, I may be refused entry to the classroom.
• In the event I have a complaint of any kind, I understand I should initially raise my concern with the Coordinator of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City who will make every effort to address the matter that troubles me – expeditiously and with a genuine desire to resolve the matter.
• If I remain dissatisfied, I have the right to raise my concern with the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL in Ho Chi Minh City. If I still remain dissatisfied, the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL has an obligation to put me in contact with the Principal of the Australian International College of Language in Queensland, Australia.
• Should I wish to take a complaint beyond AVSE-TESOL and AICOL, the following organisations can provide assistance:
|Ministry of Planning and Investment
6B, Hoang Dieu Street
Telephone: +84 4 38455298
|Ministry of Justice
58 – 60 Tran Phu Street
Telephone: +84 4 62739718
|Vietnamese Consumers Association
2/B7 Ton That Tung Street
Telephone: +84 4 8520981
• I understand that it is my right to ask for copies of all documents and other recorded information held by AVSE-TESOL pertaining to me personally. I am not permitted to receive documents and recorded information related to other parties.
• I acknowledge that AVSE-TESOL is not responsible for my health, safety, welfare or loss, theft or damage to my personal property.
• I acknowledge that AVSE-TESOL is not liable for my personal safety – or any information provided to me regarding my personal safety
Health and medical insurance:
• I will take out insurance at my own expense to cover all conceivable eventualities on my way to Vietnam, while I am in Vietnam and when I depart Vietnam, including but not limited to: coverage for illness; injuries of any kind; hospitalisation; medevac; death; repatriation; personal liability; and personal possessions.
• AVSE-TESOL is not responsible for: any aspect of my health, injury or death at any time prior to, during, or after completion of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• I acknowledge that I am entirely responsible for arranging my own travel and that AVSE-TESOL is not responsible for any aspect of the travel arrangements I make.
• Should I choose to use a travel service recommended to me by AVSE-TESOL, I will not hold AVSE-TESOL responsible for any misfortune whatsoever that occurs as a consequence of using the service.
• I am responsible for obtaining an appropriate visa, where required, prior to entering Vietnam or while in Vietnam.
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL cannot be held liable for my inability to secure a Vietnamese visa.
• Should I fail to attend the course because of my inability to secure a visa to enter Vietnam, any money I have paid to AVSE-TESOL will be subject to the Cancellation Clause set out in this agreement.
Job placement assistance:
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL provides job guidance and hands-on assistance to all successful graduates of the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• AVSE-TESOL will provide me with advice, interview training and facilitate interviews (maximum of 5) with institutions actively seeking to employ English language teachers.
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL is unable to provide me with employment assistance until I have submitted all assessment tasks associated with the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City.
• When attending job interviews, I agree to present myself in a professional and courteous manner.
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL reserves the right to refuse job placement assistance for students whose performance in the TESOL TEFL course or behavior post- course is considered unprofessional.
• I understand that if I am offered a teaching position by a reputable school regardless of location, AVSE-TESOL has fulfilled its commitment to provide employment assistance provided the job that was offered satisfies the following indicators: 1. pays market rates; 2. provides for a realistic workload for a professional teacher; and 3. offers a safe teaching and learning environment.
• Any employment assistance provided by AVSE-TESOL does not prevent me from searching for employment by myself
• I fully understand that if I am under 21 years of age, do not have a university degree or where English is my second language, my preferred conditions related to a teaching job in Vietnam – salary, hours, work location and alike, may be problematic. If I fall into one of the categories outlined in this dot point, the onus is on me to seek advice from AVSE-TESOL about the likelihood of achieving my desired outcomes.
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL cannot guarantee me a teaching position at a particular school or in a particular geographical location.
• I accept that if I choose not attend an interview with a reputable school, or fail to attend without providing reasonable notice beforehand, regardless of location, AVSE-TESOL will have fulfilled its commitment to provide employment assistance.
Cancellation and refunds:
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL will accept an initial deposit for the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City of no more than US $750.00. This initial deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to a future course or to another person (with written consent from the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL), within 12 months of the date the deposit was lodged.
• Once I have commenced the course, I understand that no refund is payable, unless extenuating circumstances dictate that a part or full refund is the appropriate action.
• If I cancel and reschedule to a later course and the fee is increased in the intervening period, I understand that I will need to pay the higher course fee.
• I understand that AVSE-TESOL has the right to make commercial decisions from time-to-time regarding advertised fees for the TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, but at no time will any student pay more than the advertised course fee.
• I understand that the information contained in literature and advertising material provided by AVSE-TESOL is believed to be accurate, but I understand there may errors, changes or omissions. It is my responsibility to contact AVSE-TESOL for periodic updates.
• I agree that all written communication should be conducted by email and I will ensure that AVSE-TESOL has my current email address.
• I understand that I will be asked to complete a short Satisfaction Survey at the end of my TESOL TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City. I can choose not to complete the survey. In the event I choose to complete the survey, I will allow AVSE-TESOL to use the information I provide in any form of advertising or media.
• If I am not satisfied with the accommodation arranged by AVSE-TESOL, I understand that I am not entitled to a refund and I agree to meet all costs associated with obtaining alternative accommodation.
• I accept that AVSE-TESOL has the option of placing me in western standard hotel accommodation in close proximity to the training location in the event that residential dwellings either owned or managed by AVSE-TESOL are fully occupied.
• AVSE-TESOL is not liable for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property that may occur at any accommodation arranged through AVSE-TESOL or otherwise arranged.
Acceptance of conditions:
• By submitting an enrolment application to undertake the TESOL TEFL course in Vietnam that’s offered by AVSE-TESOL, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to be bound by the contents of this Service Agreement.
• If you need to clarify any point contained in this Service Agreement, please email the Managing Director of AVSE-TESOL, Peter Goudge: email@example.com